You may have noticed that the Awesome Indies website has had a renovation. We’re still working on the fine points, but the blog content to match the exciting new look is starting now.
From now on you’ll see:
- Shorter posts
- Lots of images
- More variety of topics
- A focus on getting to know our authors and their books in a variety of ways
- We’ll still post reviews, of course, but only on books that you would want to read.
The weekly schedule in general will look like this:
- Friday Feature: author spotlight posts and special focus posts.
- Saturday: vlogs and other videos—trailers, chapter readings and so on.
- Sunday: Author Snapshots—photos submitted by authors along with a paragraph of explanation. Each post will have contributions from several authors in response to various topics. The first topic is ‘Where I Write.’
- Monday: Review, or guest post by one of our authors.
- Tuesday: Review, or guest post by one of our authors.
- Wednesday: Writing Wednesday—posts on writing. The aim of these posts is to educate readers and authors on how to recognise a quality book and what authors need to do produce quality.
- Thursday: review, or guest post by one of our authors.
This week’s schedule.
- Friday: Author Snapshots—Where I Write
- Saturday & Sunday: Pet-icular Posts—authors and their pets
A big thank you to our Graphic Artist and Web Designer, Ruthanne Reid.
Ruthanne Reid writes unique and excellent fantasy. I’ve read both The Sundered and The Christmas Dragon, and really enjoyed them both. Ruthanne has lived on both US coasts, owns dust-covered degrees in music and religion, and has a serious thing for popcorn. Her love of Middle Earth, deep spaces, and things that go bump in the night birthed a strange filled with aliens and magic, all of which is only enhanced by living in the wild city of Seattle.
Currently Available Works:
What do you think of the new look and the new direction?
Post by Tahlia Newland, Awesome Indies co-ordinator and general crazy person, and – dare I say it? – visionary.