To qualify for listing on the Awesome Indies site, a book must have one comprehensive 5 or 4 star review, or equivalent written recommendation, from
- someone with a degree in Creative Writing, or English Literature or equivalent relevant qualification.
- or an author or editor who is or has been employed in that capacity by a traditional publishing house, newspaper or magazine
- or an Awesome Indie approved reviewer. These reviewers may not have any formal qualifications but they are experienced reviewers who submitted comprehensive reviews that indicate that they approach reviewing in a professional manner and understand our criteria. Once accepted, they are required to study a book on the details of our criteria.
An author only has to get one 4 or 5 star review for their book, but it has to be from the right person and finding the right kind of reviewer isn’t easy. So, in order to help authors who would like to have their books assessed for suitability for the Awesome Indies site, we need to build a data base of qualified reviewers.
Are you someone, or do you know of someone, with the above qualifications who does, or would be willing to do, any of the following
• write reviews for a blog
• regularly post reviews on Amazon or Goodreads
• be on an anonymous email list of people willing to read authors submissions to evaluate whether or not they fit the criteria for an Awesome Indie book. You would choose your books from a list of submissions and the author would not know who read their book. You would not have to write a review or communicate with the author.
Please let me know of anyone you know who fits the criteria. I’d like a link to their blogsite or they or you can contact me by filling in the contact form on the site.
You don’t have to have a degree or experience in the traditional publishing industry if you are an experienced reviewer who can write comprehensive reviews that indicate that you understand our criteria.
Thanks for your help.
It would be terrific if you could share this post with your social networks too.